The PTP 45600, is one of the two defined Point-to-Point licensed solutions designed to support U.S. government entities and NATO licensees with cost-effective, high-throughput connectivity. Operating in the 4.5 GHz spectrum and up to 200 and 300 Mbps Ethernet data rates respectively, this FIPS 140-2 certified bridge supports applications such as: Battlefield communications, Public safety,Video surveillance and border security, Tactical military operations, Training and simulation networks, Building-to-building and campus connectivity and Multi-point-to-point ad hoc applications.
POWERFUL TECHNOLOGIES Carrier-class reliability and high throughput are possible because of a unique combination of technologies built into PTP 45600 and 48600 bridges.
• Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) – minimizes signal fading due to path obstructions or atmospheric disturbances • Intelligent Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (i-OFDM) – transmits data on multiple frequencies, resulting in higher channel bandwidth and greater resistance to interference and signal fading
• Adaptive Modulation – continually optimizes modulation to transmit the maximum amount of data while maintaining the highest levels of link quality
• Best-in-Class Radios – offer the highest system gain in their class through the use of high transmit power and ultra-sensitive receivers, allowing communications to go farther and faster than comparable systems
• Advanced Spectrum Management with Intelligent Dynamic Frequency Selection – self-selects the frequency over which the bridge can sustain the highest data rate at the highest availability
• Time Division Duplex (TDD) Synchronization – times and synchronizes transmit and receive signals, enabling co-channel operations; requires a Cambium PTP-SYNC Synchronization Unit to provide an accurate timing reference signal. In addition, PTP 45600 and 48600 systems include ATPC (Automatic Transmit Power Control) which dynamically adapts to the existing path loss conditions, enabling the receiver to achieve the optimum receiver signal level.